KNOA Training – Region 2
Drug Interdiction Patrol Tactics in Rural Areas
December 13th-15th, 2021
8am - 5pm
Location: Sundstrom Conference Center
102 Main St.
This training is sponsored by the Midwest Counterdrug Training Center
There is no cost to attend this training
This course is designed to provide rural law enforcement officers with the nuanced legal aspects of arrest, search and seizure for narcotics offenses. This course covers the hazards associated with conducting drug interdiction operations in rural areas, the indications of narcotics activity during traffic stops, and the proper techniques for conducting vehicle searches for the detection and identification of drug traffickers. This class will prepare the rural officer to disrupt drug trafficking, identify precursor chemicals and trafficking methods, and process the organized criminal threat to the security of communities. A strong emphasis is placed on intergovernmental cooperation and information sharing among agencies to better address narcotics threats, money laundering and ties to terrorism. This course recognizes that many rural law enforcement officers have limited resources available. These limited resources include a lack of financial availability, equipment, personnel and back-up officers. This course will introduce low-cost or no-cost equipment for accomplishing interdiction missions and provide options when back-up officers are not available.
- Common law enforcement officer mindset errors and amendments
Basic legal aspects concerning the laws of arrest, search and seizure in conjunction with the United States Supreme Court rulings
- Traffic stop and observational techniques for identification of possible criminal narcotics activity
- Keys to identifying and disrupting narcoterrorist activities
- Roadside interviewing techniques including listening skill techniques and answer analysis
- Clandestine and rolling laboratory identification
- Identification of the signs of drug impairment in the human body
- Drug and paraphernalia identification
- Vehicle search techniques
- Multijurisdictional and intergovernmental operations
Drug Interdiction Patrol Tactics in Rural Areas is a 3-day (20 hour) course.
This training is being sponsored by the Midwest Counterdrug Training Center. Registration will need to be completed through MCTC.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!