Please come to our 31st Annual KNOA Training Conference in March 6th - 9th, 2023 at the Wichita Marriott in Wichita, KS. Your 2023 KNOA membership dues are included with the price of registration.
Tentative Class Schedule - Subject to Change
Monday-March 6th, 202312:30 pm- 1:00pm Opening Ceremonies1:00 pm – 5:30 pm Opening SpeakerBTK Investigation and Case StudyKelly Otis – Sedgwick County Attorney’s Office
Tuesday- March 7th, 2023 8:00 am – 12:00 pm; 1:00 pm - 5:00pm Break Out Room/Training
1. Geo fencing Search Warrants – Chief Wally Roberts, KS State Fire Marshall’s Office; DEA EPIC / National License Plate Reader Program – D. Stuart Hurst EPIC. 2. Opioid and Fentanyl Awareness – Brian Townsend DEA; Advanced Narcotics Field Test Certification with Fentanyl Awareness – Melissa Kusske Detectachem
3. Risk Mitigation in Street Operations – Selby Smith DEA (Ret.)
4. Basic CI Management (Morning Only); Narcotics Investigator Supervisor Class (Afternoon Only) – Randy Osburn, Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office (Ret.)
Wednesday- March 8th, 20238:00 am – 12:00 pm; 1:00pm - 5:00pm Break Out Room/Training
1. The Vegas Case that caught the devil and nearly snuffed out hundreds of fires Tim Beck (Las Vegas PD)
2. Overdose Investigation and Prosecution – Thomas Stanton, Reno County Attorney’s Office3. Undercover Operations - Lou Savelli Homefront Protective Group4. Proactive Patrol Techniques – Dan Weidner, Wichita PD
Thursday- March 9th, 20238:00 am – 12:00 pm Closing Speaker
Sgt. John Mattingly Louisville PD (Ret.)
12 Seconds in the DarkA Police Officers Firsthand Account of the Breonna Taylor Raid
12:00 pm Closing of Conference
KNOA: To promote the cooperation, education and exchange of information among all Law Enforcement Agencies involved in the enforcement of controlled substance laws.
PO Box 1218Hays, KS 67601