Basic Narcotics Investigators Course (BNIC)
KNOA is pleased to announce that we will once again be hosting the Basic Narcotics Investigators Course (BNIC) in conjunction with the 2019 KNOA Annual Training Conference.
This course is designed to be for those that are just beginning to work in the world of narcotics investigations, and will give the students instruction on how to work a narcotics investigation from the initial phases up to presenting the case to the prosecutor.
The training will be held March 4th-7th, 2019 located at the Hampton Inn & Suites / Kansas Star Casino in Mulvane, KS. Your 2019 KNOA membership dues are included with the price of registration.
Hampton Inn and Suites / Kansas Star Casino
777 Kansas Star Drive; Mulvane, KS 67110
Registration is from 5pm-6pm on Sunday March 3rd. There will be a meet and greet for students following registration.
To register, go to https://knoa.org/event-3184400 (Registration will open January 1st).
At this time the class is full. If you would like to be put on the waitlist, you still can register for the class. If a spot opens up you will be notified. If no spots become available, your registration will still allow you to attend the regular training conference.
Class size will be limited to 25 attendees. This training is designed for entry level narcotics investigators with a preferred 5 years of less of narcotics investigation experience. All registrations will be reviewed prior to approval to ensure that the student meets the qualifications. Plain clothes attire is recommended, along with unmarked vehicles if possible. Instruction will include classroom, as well as practical surveillance exercises
Kansas Narcotics Officers Association
$200 (This will give you a membership in KNOA 2019. (Memberships expire at the start of following years conference. For benefits associated with a KNOA membership, visit www.knoa.org/membership)
· Sunday March 3: 5pm-6pm; Registration (Meet and Greet to follow at Hotel)
· Monday, March 4: 8am-12pm Class Intro; Drug Identification and Drug Test Kit Certification
· Monday, March 4: 1pm-5pm; Beginning the Investigation
· Tuesday, March 5: 8am- 12pm; Developing CI's
· Tuesday March 5: 1pm-until finished; CI Practical, Making a Controlled by; and controlled buy practical
· Wednesday, March 6: 8am-12pm; Search Warrants/Legal Issues
· Wednesday March 6: 1pm - 5pm; Surveillance Operations and Surveillance Practical
· Wednesday March 6: 7pm-9pm; Undercover Life
· Thursday, March 7: 8am-12pm Closing speaker